Sunday, July 31, 2011

Available Now: FAR FROM LUCK by Charles O'Hay


***
UPDATE
It is now available on Amazon.com for Kindle, and Smashwords (in various incantations including iTunes), and is now available on Barnes and Noble for Nook!!
GO. SEE. HURRY!!!

***
It will be available as an ebook on Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com, and smashwords.com in the next 24-48 hours. Although this book was not published under the Ruby Violet imprimatur, but Lucky Bat Books, I am proud to have been the editor and layout editor for this collection. A publish on demand (POD) offering of Far From Luck will be available shortly as well.

I have followed Charles' work for many years on his blog, It Ain't All Pizzas and Ice Cream, and often wondered why he'd never been published--I found his work to be magical, edgy, dark, and inspiring all at once, and at times witty and poignant.Well, how naive I was--he had been published many, many times, and was the recipient of a 1995 Pennsylvania Council on the Arts fellowship in poetry. But he had never published a collection of his work. Until now.
 
When I met publisher Cindie Geddes of Lucky Bat Books, she told me about the new publishing paradigm, that authors are taking command of their works, their names, and their royalties, and I asked her if she would give me freelance editorial work and possibly mentor me. She said yes to both. And I'm very grateful.

This has been a labor of love for me--I did it all for free--Charles has had a tough row to hoe in his life, and managed to survive and thrive, and I admire that attribute in a person--perseverance. And it is my honor that he allowed me, a newbie not sure what she was doing, to make this fine book a realization.

There is still much to do as far as the POD (print) edition goes, but I am confident that we can git 'er done. But for those of you with ereaders, one day this week, go to the bookseller of your choice online, and buy a copy of Far From Luck. You won't be disappointed.

Thank you again, Charles O'Hay.

No comments: